Zoning FAQs

 Applications & Forms  | Zoning Commission  |  Board of Zoning Appeals

Do I Need A Zoning Certificate For That?

Please remember that most construction projects, (decks, pools, barns, etc.) require a zoning certificate and also a building permit from Medina County. If you are not sure whether your project requires a zoning certificate please call the Zoning Office at 330.483.3102 and we will discuss it with you.

Signage Placed At Intersections (Garage Sale, Real Estate, Other Events)

Spring and Summer bring garage sales, home sales and other events in the township. Garage sale signs, real estate signs and other event signs are not permitted at the intersections of any street because doing so places them in the road right-of-way which is prohibited by the Liverpool Township Zoning Resolution (LTZR). As they are found you will be notified to remove them and continued placement of signs could result in a zoning violation. You may put the sign in the front yard of the property that is for sale, having the event, or having a garage sale. For the entire sign section of the LTZR you can go to the Zoning Resolution, Applications and Forms Page and click on Resolution & Fees link.  Signs are contained in Section IV. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping the intersections and the township looking neat.

Lot Splits

Minor Subdivisions (Lot Splits) require approval by the Liverpool Township Zoning Inspector and also the Medina County Department of Planning Services. There is an application process and fee from both agencies.

You can print and complete the Minor Subdivision Form and bring it to the zoning office with the fee, a copy of the Mylar (plat map), and a copy of the legal description which will be kept on file in the township. The original Mylar will be signed by the Zoning Inspector and then can be filed with the Medina County Recorder after approval by Medina County Planning Services. The Township fee for Minor Lot Splits is $25.00 per new lot created.

Requirements For New Home Construction

Before applying for a Township Zoning Certificate, you will need the permits as found on the Applications and Forms page . Once the zoning certificate has been issued, a county building permit can be applied for at the Medina County Building Department located at 791 West Smith Road, Medina, Ohio 44256 (330.722.9220). Click on this link to go to the Building Department site which has information on obtaining permits, applications for downloading, fee schedules, and other information pertinent to their department.

Zoning Violations/Complaints

If you wish to have the Zoning Inspector investigate a complaint with a neighboring property or any other property in the township that may be in violation of the Liverpool Township Zoning Resolution, please call the Zoning office.

Zoning Applications and Forms